Young Innovators Online Solutions Pvt Ltd
Experience the Service & the Quality.
What Are Chrome Apps?
By building a Chrome App, as opposed to going with a traditional web app or a native mobile app, you expand your potential audience and extend your development capability.
Expand your potential audience
When you write a Chrome App, as opposed to an app that runs natively on a particular operating system, you immediately make your app available to a much wider audience.
To any desktop
Instead of writing and maintaining separate applications for Windows, OS X and Linux, you can write a single application that runs anywhere it runs. This includes Windows, Linux, and OS X.
To mobile devices [via Cordova]
Using Chrome-Apps for Mobile (MCA), you can deploy your applications to mobile and target hardware features only available on Android and IOS platforms.
Extend your development capability
You might be thinking, “If I write a standard web application, I can run it on any platform that has a web browser.” Of course, this is absolutely right, but remember that Apps extend your development capacity beyond what you can do with traditional web apps:
- This Apps can integrate seamlessly into the desktop and look more like desktop applications than traditional web apps.
- Apps for Desktop have no omni-box (address bar) and tab strip like normal browser-based apps, because like native desktop apps, they don’t live in a browser.
- The App Launcher makes it easy for users to find and start your App.
- OS X users can use the integrated spotlight search to find and start your app.
- This Apps for Desktop can access the host computer’s file system and make use of hardware features (like USB, Bluetooth and attached human interface devices).
The best way to see what Chrome Apps look like is to install some.
Who should build Chrome Apps?
Everyone! But some sectors have a special interest in Chrome Apps.
Device manufacturers The cross platform nature of Chrome Apps makes writing device drivers less painful. A device manufacturer only needs to write one application for configuring their device and it will run on any device.Educators
Chromebooks are an inexpensive, low-maintenance option for bringing laptops into every classroom. Chrome Apps make teaching easy with easy to install applications that run natively on Chrome books. For example:
- Google Classroom
- More Teaching, Less Tech-ing